Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Thursday of Holy Week: Stations of the Cross



Begin your prayer time by lighting a candle or by ringing the opening bell in the right hand column at the website here. Allow the ringing of the bell to draw you into sacred space with God. Take a few deep breaths, breathing in God's love and presence, breathing out any distractions, plans or worries.



Jesus Speaks with the Women of Jerusalem


Opening Prayer


Lord Jesus Christ,
take me along that holy way
you once took to your death.
Take my mind, my memory,
above all, my reluctant heart,
and let me see what once you did
for love of me and all the world.

A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. Jesus turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children.” (Luke 23:27-28)

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full ofgrace and truth. (John 1:14)

Jesus—once again as so many times before—moved by compassion, speaks to those who are weeping for him. Jesus, as always, speaks with grace and communicates truth; for Jesus is the truth as well as the way and the life. At a time when many would be overwhelmed by their own situation and bemoaning their own dire circumstances, Jesus is concerned about the plight of others.

As you have journeyed thus far with Jesus to the cross, what feelings are arising within you toward Jesus? What might Jesus have to say to you as he passes? Spend some time listening for Jesus’ words to you. Thank Jesus for being one who is able to be with you in the stuff of your own life – one who will share with you the twin gifts of grace and truth.

Closing

Almighty God, your Son had the presence of mind to think of the suffering of others even as He Himself suffered. Help me to live with greater concern for others than for myself; through Jesus Christ your Son, our Lord. Amen.

I adore You, O Christ, and bless You, for by Your holy cross You have redeemed the world and You have redeemed me.

Jesus Christ Crucified. Have mercy on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment